Male alcoholism-causes, signs, consequences
Alcoholism in general is a big problem for humanity. According to public health surveys, the number of men suffering from alcoholism and alcohol addiction has long exceeded 30 million. Moreover, not only the drinker suffers from this, but also the immediate environment: first of all, the family and children. Also relatives, colleagues, friends.
Addiction slowly develops into a pathology, so alcoholism is considered a disease that requires immediate treatment. Timely measures taken will prevent further destruction of the personality and help to avoid painful consequences.Male alcoholism and its signs:
- Affects the appearance. Even without being a medical professional, by purely visual signs, it is already possible to identify a man suffering from an addiction to alcohol. What are they expressed in? - Dryness and discoloration of the skin. Due to venous congestion and poor blood microcirculation, provoked by alcohol exposure, premature aging of the cells of the epidermis occurs.
- Reduced collagen production. As a result-the appearance of deep wrinkles. The load on the liver is manifested by the yellowness of the skin, which eventually becomes darker in color. The observed burst capillaries cause redness of the cheeks, nose and frontal part of the face. A drinker with male alcoholism looks much older than his peers. Blue lips caused by a lack of oxygen and excessive stress on the cardiovascular system.
- Bags in the eye area and a blank look. Swelling under the eyes appears due to fluid retention in the body and metabolic disorders. Due to systematic libation, puffiness can spread to the entire face and become chronic. A glassy look is a sign of fatigue and stress. The effects of alcoholism have a devastating effect on brain cells, hence insomnia and a painful appearance.
- An unpleasant smell coming from an alcoholic. Not only the smell of fumes and alcohol, but complete unsanitary conditions. A drunken individual ceases to take care of himself, rarely washes, and wears dirty clothes. He is indifferent to his own appearance.
The signs of alcoholism can also include changes in behavior. Alcohol molecules, getting into the brain along with the blood, lead to a violation of coordination, so there are such pronounced changes in movement and speech. Completely depend on the dose of alcohol taken. They are expressed by unsteadiness of gait, vagueness of thoughts, poor memory, anger or complete passivity. Inadequate and aggressive behavior of a man indicates an extreme degree of intoxication. Prolonged stay in this state leads to neurological disorders and irreversible consequences.
Scientific research in the field of medicine for many years, do not give a clear answer to the causes of alcoholism in men. Addiction affects all segments of the population, regardless of status, education or material well-being. However, there are a number of factors, symptoms that contribute to the formation of addiction to alcohol cravings.So what causes this type of alcoholism?
- Social environment and social conditions: most often the impetus is the influence of friends and acquaintances. Having supported drunken comrades once or twice, he becomes the soul of the company. In a drunken environment, he finds like-minded people who are able to listen to him and understand.
- Education and the ability to think rationally in alcoholism: it is unlikely that a man who has a strong character, sufficient self-esteem, the ability to analyze and be responsible for his actions and deeds, will drink and use alcohol to solve his own problems.
- Type of activity: the nature of the work associated with constant stressful situations, nervous tension. You want to relieve stress by drinking a certain amount of alcohol. Having received relief once, the body begins to demand such "relaxation" constantly.
- As a means of relieving fatigue: after physical and mental exertion, there is a need for rest. The desire to relax is understood in its own way. Daily intake of even small doses of alcoholic beverages leads to addiction (the stage of male alcoholism). Each time the amount of alcohol consumed increases, and the need for alcohol increases.
- Difficult life situation: experiences related to the inability to support a family, the illness of children (wife, relatives) , etc., which can cause a nervous breakdown. Having become a victim of such circumstances, a person often reaches for a glass. Alcohol is able to "drown out" the mental pain for a while and help to get rid of the problem.
- Low self-esteem: constant doubts, inability to express yourself often change in the opposite way under the influence of alcoholic beverages. A man begins to feel like a "master of life", capable of any feats. Becomes talkative, tends to show his superiority. This condition lasts as long as the alcohol is active.
- Lack of purpose: there is no desire for new knowledge, interests, or achievement of the set goals. The everyday routine and monotony of life is diluted with bright emotions with the next use of a couple of glasses of alcohol, and in the morning you need a hangover.
- Overcoming shyness: strong complexes and tightness men try to eliminate by drinking 100 grams "for courage". After receiving the appropriate dose, they are liberated and become determined, which makes them drink again and again.
- Genetic predisposition to alcoholism: if the drinking parents or close relatives were chronic alcoholics, then the probability of a hereditary factor is very high. According to statistics, 70% of men suffering from alcoholism, parents had a similar pathology.